8 EMS PROGRAMS (2 MANUAL, 8 PRESET)
EMS programs can be used to increase muscle strength and endurance. For sufferers of muscle related medical problems such as muscle atrophy or reduced function, EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulator) can be used to prevent or slow further muscle deterioration. These programs can also be used for well being, massage and beauty.
In the manual programs, all EMS parameters can be set and saved to your personal needs, providing a more versatile operation.
3 MANUAL TENS PROGRAMS
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator) can be used to treat general pain such as arthritis, back pain and sciatica. All of these programs can be set to your personal requirements.
DAILY USAGE DIARY
The usage diary allows you to monitor the duration the unit has been used daily by recording and saving the total usage time; this information can then be provided to your physician.
COMFORTABLE STRENGTH CONTROL
The iTouch Tone monitors skin and pad condition to ensure the stimulation from the unit remains constant to prevent any unwanted changes in intensity.
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
If you are in any doubt about any of these warnings please consult your medical adviser.
Do Not Use TENS or EMS:
Should you have a pacemaker or heart rhythm problems.
- A Perfect Tens used in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect settings on some pacemaker models.
- Applying the Tens unit on the front of your neck can affect your heart rate.
- An extra heartbeat may be caused is the Tens unit is used on a strong setting across the chest.
If you have Epilepsy
- Seizure threshold may be affected if you have epilepsy.
During Gestation (Pregnancy)
- First trimester of gestation (Pregnancy)
There are no test results to indicate what the effect would be on a foetus
- Second and Third trimesters of gestation (Pregnancy)
Immediately cease use if unexpected contractions occur.
Driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control
- Damaged or loose leads and pads, as well as improper contact with the skin (Caused by movement of the body) may result in brief involuntary muscle movements (Contraction of muscle)
- Should you be experiencing pain of an unknown cause, use of the Perfect Tens may delay diagnosis of a serious or progressive condition.
TENS used simultaneously with monitoring equipment connected to the body with body worn electrode pads.
- May result in interference with signals being monitored.
Use of the TENS unit near strong electromagnetic fields is not advised. (E.g. electro surgery / microwave cookers / mobile phones).
- Doing so could result in the unit malfunctioning.
- Should the unit appear to be operating incorrectly, move away from the source of the electromagnetic field
Use with caution after recent surgical procedures.
- Stimulation may interfere with the healing process.
Do Not place electrode pads:
- On broken skin
The pads could encourage infection.
- On skin which does not have normal sensation.
If the skin is numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
- On the front of the neck
The airway could close resulting breathing problems.
May cause a vasovagal response (sudden drop in blood pressure)
- Over the eyes.
Eyesight could be affected or bring about headaches.
- Across the front of the head
Effect on stroke or epileptic patients or people who have had seizures is not yet known.
May affect sense of balance.
The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
- Near malignant tumours
In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
- Ignore allergic reactions to electrode pads.
If a skin irritation develops refrain from using TENS
We have alternative pads available for sensitive skin
Pads supplied have no measurable latex content.
You will void your guarantee / warranty if:
- You Immerse your TENS unit in water
- If you place the unit close to excessive heat (which may cause the unit to malfunction)
- You attempt to open up the TENS unit.
- Old, new or different types of batteries are mixed.
You do not use leads, electrodes, and accessories as recommended by the manufacturer. (Performance may vary from specification and will invalidate the product warranty.)