No products in the basket.
MamaTENS uses TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) to offer drug-free, pain relief during labour.
MamaTENS is simplistic in design, portable providing an alternative to pain relief during childbirth.
Should you have any questions, or are interested in using a EMS or TENS machine in South Africa for drug free pain relief , please contact us, and we will promptly get back to you.
MamaTENS uses TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) to relieve pain.
It effectively does so by:
- a) Enabling the body to release endorphins (natural painkillers)
- b) Intercepting pain signals being sent to the brain.
MamaTENS units have an excellent reputation as being a safe and effective method of drug free pain relief during childbirth. Recommended by midwives as the MamaTENS units are safe and enable mother to be mobile and by aiding descent and dilation.
Key features of MamaTENS include:
- Ergonomic controls
- Mon-to-be remains in control of her pain relief
- Large electrode pads
- Offers maximum area nerve coverage
- 3 Pre-set programs
- To help alleviate labour pain at every stage
- Integral boost button
- Offers additional pain relief during contractions
- Comfortable stimulation
- MamaTens offers 60 levels of intensity for gentle increases in stimulation
- Safety feature
- Should the unit not detect proper connection between the electrode pads and skin, or the leads become detached, the intensity increase buttons will not work and the unit switches the intensity to zero.
- Drug-free and safe to for both Mom-to-be and baby
Do Not Use the MamaTENS kit:
- Should you have a pacemaker or heart rhythm problems.
- A Perfect Tens used in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect settings on some pacemaker models.
- Applying the Tens unit on the front of your neck can affect your heart rate.
- An extra heartbeat may be caused if the Tens unit is used on a strong setting across the chest.
- If you have Epilepsy
- Seizure threshold may be affected if you have epilepsy.
- During Gestation (Pregnancy)
- First trimester of gestation (Pregnancy)
There are no test results to indicate what the effect would be on a foetus
- Second and Third trimesters of gestation (Pregnancy)
Immediately cease use if unexpected contractions occur.
- Driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control
- Damaged or loose leads and pads, as well as improper contact with the skin (Caused by movement of the body) may result in brief involuntary muscle movements (Contraction of muscle)
- Undiagnosed pain
- Should you be experiencing pain of an unknown cause, use of the Perfect Tens may delay diagnosis of a serious or progressive condition.
- MamaTENS kit used simultaneously with monitoring equipment connected to the body with body worn electrode pads.
- May result in interference with signals being monitored.
- Use of the MamaTENS kit unit near strong electromagnetic fields is not advised. (E.g. electro surgery / microwave cookers / mobile phones).
- Doing so could result in the unit malfunctioning.
- Should the unit appear to be operating incorrectly, move away from the source of the electromagnetic field
- Use with caution after recent surgical procedures.
- Stimulation may interfere with the healing process.
Do Not place MamaTENS kit electrode pads:
- On broken skin
- The pads could encourage infection.
- On skin which does not have normal sensation
- If the skin is numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
- On the front of the neck
- The airway could close resulting breathing problems.
- May cause a vasovagal response (sudden drop in blood pressure)
- Over the eyes
- Eyesight could be affected or bring about headaches.
- Across the front of the head
- Effect on stroke or epileptic patients or people who have had seizures is not yet known.
- May affect sense of balance.
- The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
- Near malignant tumours
- In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
- Ignore allergic reactions to electrode pads
- If a skin irritation develops refrain from using MamaTENS kit
- We have alternative pads available for sensitive skin
- Pads supplied have no measurable latex content.
You will void your guarantee / warranty if:
- You Immerse your MamaTENS unit in water
- If you place the MamaTENS unit close to excessive heat (which may cause the unit to malfunction)
- You attempt to open up the MamaTENS
- Old, new or different types of batteries are mixed.
- You do not use leads, electrodes, and accessories as recommended by the manufacturer.
(Performance may vary from specification and will invalidate the product warranty.)
2 x AA 1.5v Lithium batteries (B-AA)
Neck cord and belt clip
Four large electrode pads (CM50100-MT or CM50100-MTNEW) with leads attached
Pictorial guide and instruction manual
If you choose to rent the MamaTENS, you will receive the contents above along with a prepaid return envelope to return the machine to us at the end of your rental period.
Please see the User Manuals and Terms and Conditions for more information.