No products in the basket.
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) and Ultrasound are combined into a single, ergonomic device. The innovative Sonic Stim is a high-performance device perfect for home and ambulatory/paramedic treatment.
The Sonic Stim can be used for general pain relief, for the typical applications of 1 MHz ultrasound (deep tissue treatment of muscle pain) and be combined with TENS to dramatically amplify effects of these therapies.
Should you have any questions, or are interested in using a EMS or TENS machine in South Africa for drug free pain relief , please contact us, and we will promptly get back to you.
Out of stockWarning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /usr/www/users/tenscadymt/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/single-product/meta.php on line 26
The Sonic Stim uses two forms of pain therapy:
- TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
- It effectively does so by:
- a) Enabling the body to release endorphins (natural painkillers)
- b) Intercepting pain signals being sent to the brain.
- Ultrasound(Deep heating effective in heating tissues of deep joints)
- Three major effects of Ultrasound are:
- High Speed Ultrasound Vibration
- Three major effects of Ultrasound are:
Reduces tension and offers drug free pain relief by creating a ‘massage’ effect on skin, muscles and deep tissue.
- The Heat Efficacy
- Metabolism is speeded up by heat which supplies energy to cells. Heat is generated by friction of the modules in speed vibration.
- The Cavitation
Ultrasound waves promote liquid on skin to form a vacuum. Gas evaporates rapidly and emits tiny bubbles which initiate an oxidation process which has the ability to decrease particles in the body which have been damaged.
Key features of the Sonic Stim include:
- Pre-set programs
- 15 programs
- Ultrasound therapy
- 1 program at 1 MHz
- 7 combined ultra sound and TENS programs
- Ultrasound head used as one of TENS electrodes
- 7 TENS only programs
- TENS electrode pads included x 2
- 1MHz ultrasound
- 4W maximum power, a maximum surface intensity of 1W/cm²
- Ultrasound frequency
- Has been designed for optimal penetration into tissues (intensity reduced by half at approximately 4cm)
- Pulsed ultrasound
- 6 Intensity levels: 5%; 30%; 40%; 50%; 60%; 70% (Duty cycle)
- A biphasic square pulse at 2.5KHz is delivered, with pre-set programs, with modulated output from 1 to 150Hz
- Mains powered
- By a 15V safety medical power supply adaptor
- Medical Device certificate
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
(For FULL CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS including the use of Ultrasound please see the Sonic Stim Manual under the ‘User Manuals’ tab)
Before you decide to purchase the Perfect Tens, PLEASE do CONSULT YOUR MEDICAL PRACTITIONER.
Do Not Use TENS:
- Should you have a pacemaker or heart rhythm problems.
- A Perfect Tens used in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect settings on some pacemaker models.
- Applying the Tens unit on the front of your neck can affect your heart rate.
- An extra heartbeat may be caused if the Tens unit is used on a strong setting across the chest.
- If you have Epilepsy
- Seizure threshold may be affected if you have epilepsy.
- During Gestation (Pregnancy)
- First trimester of gestation (Pregnancy)
There are no test results to indicate what the effect would be on a foetus
- Second and Third trimesters of gestation (Pregnancy)
Immediately cease use if unexpected contractions occur.
- Driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control
- Damaged or loose leads and pads, as well as improper contact with the skin (Caused by movement of the body) may result in brief involuntary muscle movements (Contraction of muscle)
- Undiagnosed pain
- Should you be experiencing pain of an unknown cause, use of the Perfect Tens may delay diagnosis of a serious or progressive condition.
- TENS used simultaneously with monitoring equipment connected to the body with body worn electrode pads.
- May result in interference with signals being monitored.
- Use of the TENS unit near strong electromagnetic fields is not advised. (E.g. electro surgery / microwave cookers / mobile phones).
- Doing so could result in the unit malfunctioning.
- Should the unit appear to be operating incorrectly, move away from the source of the electromagnetic field
- Use with caution after recent surgical procedures.
- Stimulation may interfere with the healing process.
Do Not place electrode pads:
- On broken skin
- The pads could encourage infection.
- On skin which does not have normal sensation
- If the skin is numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
- On the front of the neck
- The airway could close resulting breathing problems.
- May cause a vasovagal response (sudden drop in blood pressure)
- Over the eyes
- Eyesight could be affected or bring about headaches.
- Across the front of the head
- Effect on stroke or epileptic patients or people who have had seizures is not yet known.
- May affect sense of balance.
- The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
- Near malignant tumours
- In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
- Ignore allergic reactions to electrode pads
- If a skin irritation develops refrain from using TENS
- We have alternative pads available for sensitive skin
- Pads supplied have no measurable latex content.
You will void your guarantee / warranty if:
- You Immerse your TENS unit in water
- If you place the unit close to excessive heat (which may cause the unit to malfunction)
- You attempt to open up the TENS unit.
- Old, new or different types of batteries are mixed.
- You do not use leads, electrodes, and accessories as recommended by the manufacturer.
- (Performance may vary from specification and will invalidate the product warranty.)
- Sonic Stim unit
- Power supply
- Ultrasound gel (50g tube)
- Electrode connection cable
- 2 packs of 50x100mm electrode pads for use with TENS programmes (E-CM50100)
- Illustrated instruction manual