No products in the basket.
There are various conditions for which the Target TENS unit can provide pain relief from, such conditions as (but is not limited to):
- Back pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Period pain
The Target TENS has a simplistic design and is lightweight, portable and has 8 different programs with manual settings to provide effective pain relief safely.
Should you have any questions, or are interested in using a EMS or TENS machine in South Africa for drug free pain relief , please contact us, and we will promptly get back to you.
The Target TENS provides pain relief by making use of TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) to relieve pain.
It effectively does so by:
- a) Enabling the body to release endorphins (natural painkillers)
- b) Intercepting pain signals being sent to the brain.
Drug-free pain relief which has a long lasting effect, is provided by self-adhesive electrode pads, which stimulates the nerves in the affected area by sending electrical impulses through the skin. All this, in the comfort of your own home.
Key features of the Target TENS include:
Key features of the Target TENS include:
- Multi-Turn Rotary Controls
- Enables more accurate intensity alterations
- Large LCD Display
- Large bold font for easy visibility for all
- The unit has a memory, consequently you can return to previous programs and settings you used.
- Treatment Timer
- The user can set the length of the session (between 10-60 mins) and can also adjust manual parameters. Unit automatically switches off after 5 minutes at zero intensity.
- Intensity Lock
- To avoid accidental changes in the level of stimulation, Intensity Controls can be locked
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
Before you decide to purchase the Perfect Tens, PLEASE do CONSULT YOUR MEDICAL PRACTITIONER.
Do Not Use TENS:
- Should you have a pacemaker or heart rhythm problems.
- A Perfect Tens used in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect settings on some pacemaker models.
- Applying the Tens unit on the front of your neck can affect your heart rate.
- An extra heartbeat may be caused if the Tens unit is used on a strong setting across the chest.
- If you have Epilepsy
- Seizure threshold may be affected if you have epilepsy.
- During Gestation (Pregnancy)
- First trimester of gestation (Pregnancy)
There are no test results to indicate what the effect would be on a foetus
- Second and Third trimesters of gestation (Pregnancy)
Immediately cease use if unexpected contractions occur.
- Driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control
- Damaged or loose leads and pads, as well as improper contact with the skin (Caused by movement of the body) may result in brief involuntary muscle movements (Contraction of muscle)
- Undiagnosed pain
- Should you be experiencing pain of an unknown cause, use of the Perfect Tens may delay diagnosis of a serious or progressive condition.
- TENS used simultaneously with monitoring equipment connected to the body with body worn electrode pads.
- May result in interference with signals being monitored.
- Use of the TENS unit near strong electromagnetic fields is not advised. (E.g. electro surgery / microwave cookers / mobile phones).
- Doing so could result in the unit malfunctioning.
- Should the unit appear to be operating incorrectly, move away from the source of the electromagnetic field
- Use with caution after recent surgical procedures.
- Stimulation may interfere with the healing process.
Do Not place electrode pads:
- On broken skin
- The pads could encourage infection.
- On skin which does not have normal sensation
- If the skin is numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
- On the front of the neck
- The airway could close resulting breathing problems.
- May cause a vasovagal response (sudden drop in blood pressure)
- Over the eyes
- Eyesight could be affected or bring about headaches.
- Across the front of the head
- Effect on stroke or epileptic patients or people who have had seizures is not yet known.
- May affect sense of balance.
- The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
- Near malignant tumours
- In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
- Ignore allergic reactions to electrode pads
- If a skin irritation develops refrain from using TENS
- We have alternative pads available for sensitive skin
- Pads supplied have no measurable latex content.
You will void your guarantee / warranty if:
- You Immerse your TENS unit in water
- If you place the unit close to excessive heat (which may cause the unit to malfunction)
- You attempt to open up the TENS unit.
- Old, new or different types of batteries are mixed.
- You do not use leads, electrodes, and accessories as recommended by the manufacturer.
(Performance may vary from specification and will invalidate the product warranty.)
- Target TENS Pain Relief unit
- Belt clip
- 2 x lead wire (L-TN20)
- 1 x pack of 4, 50 x 50mm superior self-adhesive electrode pads (E-CM5050)
- 2 x AA 1.5v Lithium batteries (B-AA)
- Instruction manual
- Storage pouch